The St. John’s Guild of Embroiderers is a not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to encourage and promote the knowledge and practice of the art of embroidery, in all its forms. The Guild also wishes to foster a fellowship of persons who enjoy needlework and wish to learn and share their knowledge, thereby maintaining high standards of design, colour and workmanship.
The St. John’s Guild of Embroiderers is a chapter of the Embroiderers’ Association of Canada (EAC). The national organization aims to preserve traditional techniques and to promote new challenges in the art of embroidery through education and networking.
The 2020-2021 Guild Executive
- President – Anne Rowlands
- Past President – Gillian Brown
- Vice-President and Memberships – Mary Pippy
- Secretary – Corinne Wright
- Treasurer – Lyn Moore
- Communications Chair – Dale Foster
- Programs Committee – Jewel Cousens (Chair), Laura Chatman, Gillian Brown
- Workshops – Marg Adey
- Hospitality – Marilyn Tucker
- Library – K. J. Elton
- Ways and Means; Archives – Elizabeth Fewer
Please review our Guild’s Constitution and By-Laws for mote details on our mandate.