The St. John’s Guild of Embroiderers is a not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to encourage and promote the knowledge and practice of the art of embroidery, in all its forms. The Guild also wishes to foster a fellowship of persons who enjoy needlework and wish to learn and share their knowledge, thereby maintaining high standards of design, colour and workmanship.
The St. John’s Guild of Embroiderers is a chapter of the Embroiderers’ Association of Canada (EAC). The national organization aims to preserve traditional techniques and to promote new challenges in the art of embroidery through education and networking.
In addition to our website, we have a Facebook group as well.
The 2019-2020 Guild Executive
- President – Gillian Brown
- Past President – Joyce Noseworthy
- Vice President – Anne Rowlands
- Archives – Elizabeth Fewer
- Communications Chair – Anne Rowlands
- Hospitality – Marilyn Tucker
- Library – Judith Peckham; K. J. Elton
- Programs co-ordinator – Jewel Cousens
- Secretary – Mary Pippy
- Treasurer – Lyn Moore
- Ways and Means – Elizabeth Fewer
- Workshop Coordinator – Marg Adey
Please review our Guild’s Constitution and By-Laws for mote details on our mandate.