The Guild is a not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to encourage and pro-mote the practice and knowledge of the art of embroidery in all its forms. We also wish to foster a fellowship of persons who enjoy needlework and wish to learn and share their knowledge, thereby maintaining high standards of design, colour and workmanship.
The guild meets at 7:30 p.m. the last Tuesday of every month, except for July and August, at the Shriners Club on Topsail Rd (entrance to the parking lot is on Ferryland Street East). The meetings in June and December are usually socials (sometimes potluck suppers) and the dates for these may be changed from the usual meeting times. Hope to see you at a meeting. Guests are welcome!
The St. John’s Guild of Embroiderers is a chapter of the Embroiderers’ Association of Canada (EAC). The national organization aims to preserve traditional techniques and to promote new challenges in the art of embroidery through education and networking.
In addition to our website, we have a Facebook group as well. Check out some of our member’s works on Instagram.
The 2022-2023 Guild Executive
At the AGM on May 31, 2022, the following executive and board members were acclaimed and elected:
- President – Anne Rowlands
- Past President – Gillian Brown
- Vice-President and Membership – Mary Pippy
- Treasurer – Lyn Moore
- Secretary – Corinne Wright
- Communications – Dale Foster
- Programs – Gillian Brown, Jewel Cousins, Laura Chatman
- Workshops – Sheila Anstey
- Hospitality – Barbara Myles
- Library – Kathy-Jane Elton
- Ways and Means – Elizabeth Fewer
- Archives – Elizabeth Fewer
Please review our Guild’s Constitution and By-Laws for mote details on our mandate.