The Guild annually awards a scholarship to members in good standing.
- The scholarship is awarded for educational purposes and must be applied towards the registration and/or supplies in an embroidery related workshop; class or correspondence course with EAC or a similar recognized organization.
- Funding for this scholarship is determined by the Executive and ratified by the members. The value of the scholarship may be as much as $500.00.
- An application form must be submitted. The application must include a brief explanation (no more than 250 words) of what you hope to gain from the experience.
- Scholarship money will be distributed upon proof of enrolment in a course or seminar. Alternately, the money can be paid directly to a designated institution.
- A Scholarship Committee, consisting of one or more persons, will be appointed by the Executive to oversee all activities related to this scholarship. A written annual report must be submitted to the AGM. All appropriate materials will be submitted to the archives.
- The deadline for submitting the application form is January 31st.
- Any scholarship winner may reapply after a five-year period.
- The successful applicant will be required to submit a summary of their experience to the Executive within one month (excepting summer) of attending the workshop or completing the course. They will also be required to share the experience with our Guild members: by conducting a workshop; giving a presentation at a guild meeting; or writing an article to be shared with Guild members.
Previously under Article 6. Special Committees.